Jag har av någon outgrundlig anledning fått för mig att gå med i ytterligare ett hemlig vän-projekt….Secret pal 9. Vilket innebär att jag ska fylla i ett frågeformulär… dags att sätta fart!
Somehow I ended up joining another secret pal project, Secret pal 9. And I’m supposed to fill in a questionnaire…. here it is:
1. What is/are your favorite yarn/s to knit with? What fibers do you absolutely *not* like?
I like all things natural and I absolutely loathe acrylic! I suppose I may be called a yarn snob, but any yarn containing more than 25% acrylic is out of the question. But it’s not only snobbery, I’m a bit "vertically challenged", and I get too warm in non natural fibers.
One of my favourite yarns is Rowan wool cotton. I love silk, alpaca, really anything that is soft and smooth. I do not use much cotton because it’s hard for my hands when knitting.
2. What do you use to store your needles/hooks in?
I store them in a home made cloth needle cases.
How long have you been knitting & how did you learn? Would you
consider your skill level to be beginner, intermediate or advanced?
I started knitting as a small girl, I guess I must have been around 8 or 9. I can’t really remember who I learned from, but probably my mother. In the 80’s I knitted loads and loads of mohair sweaters, and kept on knitting until late 80’s. Then I stopped, knitted nothing for years. In 2002 or 2003 I picked up the knitting needles I still had in my drawers and started knitting again. I haven’t stopped since.
I consider myself to be a high intermediate to advanced knitter.
4. Do you have an Amazon or other online wish list?
Yes! An Amazon list.
5. What’s your favorite scent? (for candles, bath products, etc.)
Lavender or Lily of the valley
6. Do you have a sweet tooth? Favorite candy?
Well, uhm, yes. Chocolate and salty licorice. But I don’t like coffee taste of any kind!
7. What other crafts or Do-It-Yourself things do you like to do? Do you spin?
Textile crafts, almost any kind. But I like more "old ones" than new inventions really. And I spin, or rather, I have started to learn to spin.
8. What kind of music do you like? Can your computer/stereo play MP3s? (if your buddy wants to make you a CD)
I can play mp3s. I like melodical music, singer/songwriter stuff, like Aimee Mann, irish folk music, harmony singing, Beach boys, well anything happy/harmonic/melodical.
9. What’s your favorite color(s)? Any colors you just can’t stand?
I love purple, blue, burgundy and teal. Colours that are muted rather than shouting out "here I am". I do NOT like olive, orange, beige, autumn colours or too light pastel colours.
10. What is your family situation? Do you have any pets?
I have a husband and 2 cats.
11. Do you wear scarves, hats, mittens or ponchos?
All but ponchos! I would look like a barrel.
12. What is/are your favorite item/s to knit?
Anything that fits me! I like most things really, as long as it’s flattering for my figure, and not too girly, with ruffles and sequines and stuff. I like rather plain things!
13. What are you knitting right now?
A shawl, socks, sweaters… I have too many ufos!
14. Do you like to receive handmade gifts?
15. Do you prefer straight or circular needles? Bamboo, aluminum, plastic?
I knit with both, it depends on what I’m knitting. But the ones I prefer are Addi Turbos (circular) and rosewood/ebony needles (straight). And I like to knit with short straight needles, less than 30 cm long!
16. Do you own a yarn winder and/or swift?
17. How old is your oldest UFO?
Oh my…. I can’t even remember… but 3 years?
18. What is your favorite holiday?
19. Is there anything that you collect?
Yarn 🙂 and books….
Any books, yarns, needles or patterns out there you are dying to get
your hands on? What knitting magazine subscriptions do you have?
I would love to test some of Knit picks stuff (they’re not sending it here! please make them!!!)!
And I would love to own the book Unexpected knitting, by Debbie New.
I subscribe to Interveawe Knits.
21. Are there any new techniques you’d like to learn?
Nothing special, but I like trying new things!
22. Are you a sock knitter? What are your foot measurements?
Yes. Size 38 (don’t know the US size).
23. When is your birthday? (mm/dd)